Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving thoughts...

I have 2 thoughts that I think help people keep a good perspective on life...they seems, well, thanksgiving-ish to me...

1)appreciation of progress
2)realizing an increased sense of potential

I know that I am, as are many of us, guilty of sometimes doing a little too much of number 2 and not enough of number 1.  I think about how I can make my business grow or how I can get in better shape.  And that is a good thing!  It is important to know that you can improve yourself.  It is important to set goals and go after them.  BUT, it is equally as important to realize what you've done and what you have.  To look back at how fit you have become, or how far you have come with your family, or how you've built a business.  I mean, what's the point of working for more, if you never really appreciate what you have???

So as I am setting personal goals for my family, business and myself to be the best I can be, I am also stepping back, taking a deep breathe and smiling because I realize how great life is.  I have a great family, great friends, and great gym (with great members ;-) )...and for all of this, and for all of you, I am truly thankful.

No comments: